Time Tracking and Billing With an SEO Expert
As an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) expert there are many ways you get engaged along with your client. You, being an expert in SEO, understand what steps you are going to follow to get the targeted websites to rank well in the major search engines like google. The steps typically include:
1. Analyzing the site content
2. Analyzing the competition
3. Analyzing the prospective keywords
4. Suggesting a on-page SEO strategy
5. Performing building links considering the targeted keywords
6. Having the payment for the efforts and time you devote
Whereas all these jobs are very important for your work, the ultimate goal still continues to be the same that is, generating revenue in lieu of the Off-page optimization you offer. This generates a requirement of correct and fair billing system which helps you to charge for whatever efforts you invested for the clients.
However, not necessarily you can bill the clients based on some tangible items; instead, you need to bill them constant, i.e. in line with the time spent performing specific work related activities. Also, sometimes you also need to show them how are you organizing your time (probably, your team's time too) thinking about the priorities and volume of work and efforts.
This is often where the need for a fantastic billing and time tracking software arises to have an SEO expert. Inside a good time tracking and billing system, a search engine optimization specialist should be able to log his/her time combined with the activities performed regularly. The frequency of filling time can always depend upon the availability of time and priority of the performed activities. You may fill the time each day, weekly basis, or even multiple times in a day. In this way you can always keep a record of methods much time was spent doing a bit of work such as submitting link for the website.
This information may then be used for the billing the consumer based on the agreed rates per of your services. A significant advantage of using a great time tracking and billing strategy is the transparency relating to the work and client's requirements. You can find multiple other advantages of using a good time tracking and billing system, as listed below:
1. It may help one to resolve conflicts with client of a particular task performed. You can make them refer to the agreements and show the progress.
2. It also helps you to smartly distribute the task within your team of people. Using the hours worked on particular activities as well as their results, you can find out the competence areas of people and assign the right tasks to them.
3. It gives you a holistic view of which activities you are spending extra time unnecessarily. When you have a report of what took probably the most of time and if it wasn't worth it, you can lessen the time spent in that activity to increase the value outcome of work and increase the revenue too.